Beaches, wildlife and one magnificent sunset after another—that’s what you can expect to find while RV camping along the scenic byways of Florida’s Panhandle. We’ve picked three itineraries to help you discover the area’s diverse beauty.
RV Camping on Pensacola Scenic Bluffs Highway
Follow Pensacola Scenic Bluffs Highway to discover mysterious legends, small town charm and the highest bluffs on the Florida coast. Follow US-90 in Pensacola north along Pensacola Bay and get ready to fall under the spell of these fascinating places:
- Magnolia Bluff – incomparable views of Escambia Bay
- Emanuel Point – where shipwrecks wait to be discovered offshore
- Bayou Texar – take the drive across the bridge for a one-of-a-kind experience
- Gaberonne Swamp – discover the plants and animals of native swampland, with a touch of Spanish history tossed in for good measure
- East Pensacola Heights – quaint shopping and residential district with old Florida charm
Search our directory of Florida campgrounds in the Pensacola area, and take your time to enjoy its dramatic beauty.
Scenic Highway 30A by RV
It’s less than thirty miles long, but this stretch of highway through Florida’s South Walton area encompasses the very best of the state. With more than a dozen distinct beach communities offering almost unlimited attractions, the question will be, “What should we enjoy first?”
Plan time to take in the sights, sounds and flavors along South Walton’s white sand beaches. From the architectural wonders of Seaside to the towering dunes of Blue Mountain Beach, there’s something for everyone to love along this byway. You’ll also want to add a trip to the area’s two state parks, Grayton Beach and Topsail Hill Preserve, to round out your enjoyment of South Walton. Bonus: both state parks boast full-service RV campgrounds!
Big Bend Scenic Byway
As this combination of highways winds between Tallahassee and Apalachicola, the Florida Panhandle RV traveler is treated to an amazing array of natural and cultural wonders. Use this detailed guide to the Big Bend Scenic Byway to map your route along the Coastal Trail spurs, the Forest Trail or the all-encompassing Two-Day Loop Trail. Everywhere you turn, you’re going to find something memorable on this Byway.
Here are just a few of the sights you can see along the way:
- George Island State Park—unspoiled beauty, sea turtles and plenty of specimens for your shell collection
- Wakulla Springs State Park—home to one of the world’s deepest freshwater springs
- Marks—a vintage coastal town where two rivers meet, with easy access to a wide range of hiking and biking trails
- Ochlockonee River State Park—come watch for manatee and other coastal wildlife in this lush preserve
- St Marks National Wildlife Refuge and Lighthouse—seventy thousand acres of wetlands and marshes plus a well-preserved lighthouse make this a stop you’ll want to make.
As you travel through Florida’s sun-drenched Panhandle, you’ll find fascinating wildlife, beautiful beaches and history reaching back to the first Spanish explorers. Get in touch with us for a Florida RV rental and start planning your own epic journey along a Florida Panhandle Scenic Byway.