California’s Victor Valley, less than ninety miles east of Los Angeles, has an amazing array of attractions for RV travelers. The City of Hesperia is the perfect starting point for a vacation in and around the Victor Valley, and we’ve got five great reasons that should pique your interest.
- Angeles National Forest: Hesperia is tucked up against some of the prettiest mountain vistas in Southern California. The immense Angeles National Forest stretches out from Hesperia to encompass snow-capped mountains, scenic meadows and forests that promise the avid hiker solitude. The trailheads for three well-known trails, the Pacific Crest, High Desert National Recreation Trail and Islip Saddle, are within an easy drive from Hesperia in Angeles National Forest.
- San Bernardino National Forest: Equally stunning is the mountainous forest land to the other side of Hesperia. The San Bernardino National Forest boasts fantastically scenic spots like the historic resort town of Lake Arrowhead, as well as incomparable mountain vistas and plenty of places to play outdoors. Paddle, hike, bike and camp your way through this national forest where all is accessible within an hour’s drive of Hesperia.
- Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area – The Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area is a fisherman’s paradise, with an abundant supply of trout and largemouth bass. Bring the boat as well as your motorhome and plan time to hike the forested hills surrounding this Inland Empire gem on the Miller Canyon Trail.
- Mojave National Preserve – The Mojave National Preserve is an hour and a half’s RV journey from Hesperia, gives a whole different feeling to your Southern California camping trip. The Mojave Desert offers a stark contrast to the lush national forests near Hesperia. Immense sand dunes, sparsely covered mountains and tall cinder cones spring up to offer the RV traveler unforgettable high desert memories.
- Joshua Tree National Park – Joshua Tree National Park is a scenery-filled two hour drive from Hesperia, is one more place you won’t want to miss on your RV trip to Southern California. Trails, scenic drives and rocky desert outcroppings just waiting for climbers come together to make Joshua Tree memorable. No hookups camping is popular here with RVers, in particular at Black Rock and Cottonwood campgrounds.
Hesperia, California is the gateway to a world of outdoor adventure, and El Monte RV Rentals in Hesperia can help you get there. Pick the places that most appeal to you, pack your outdoor adventure gear and get going. The wonders you’ll find near California’s Victor Valley will have you compiling your own list of the top five reasons to start your next RV vacation in Hesperia.