Many US schools will observe Spring Break this year during March, so it’s high time you planned your family’s best-ever Spring Break RV Camping Trip! We’ve done the research for you on some favorite Spring Break camping destinations. All that’s left to do is make your campground reservations and pull the cover off your RV (or make your RV rental reservation.)
To make things even easier for you, we’ve sorted our findings by region. Consider these exciting Spring Break destinations for your family RV trip:
Northeastern US RV Camping Destinations:
March and April may be chilly in the Northeastern States, but a “ski and RV” vacation could still be perfect for your Spring Break plans. These northeastern ski resorts offer all the amenities RV campers need to enjoy an exhilarating day at the slopes AND comfortable RV camping:
- Danforth Bay Camping & RV Resort in New Hampshire’s White Mountains is perfectly located for a Spring Break ski vacation. This first-class RV resort is minutes away from King Pine Ski Area, where skiers and snowboarders are enjoying this winter’s excellent snow base.
- StoneyBrook Campground in Lehighton, PA is a short drive from Blue Mountain Ski Area in the legendary Poconos. There’s plenty of snow this year, so come enjoy this resort’s thirty-plus trails or the family-friendly tubing runs. The kids will love you for it!
Southeastern US RV Camping Destinations:
- If your RV camping family is begging for a stay near the beach this Spring Break, why not book a campsite at North Jacksonville/Kingsland KOA in Kingsland, Georgia? Located on the Florida/Georgia border, your campground will be close to Cumberland Island National Seashore, Fernandina Beach and the charming Victorian town of Fernandina, FL.
- Here’s another fantastic idea for a family Spring Break RV trip – plan your visit around Florida’s Grapefruit League Spring Training Schedule. MLB games at towns like Bradenton, Fort Myers and Kissimmee offer the chance to see top-ranked players at smaller, family-priced venues.
Southwestern US RV Camping Destinations:
- Speaking of Major League Baseball Spring Training, why not spend Spring Break catching Cactus League games in Arizona? Follow the Kansas City Royals, Colorado Rockies, San Francisco Giants and a dozen other MLB teams at Spring Training games in the Phoenix Metro Area. Plan to camp at Desert’s Edge RV Park on Black Canyon Hwy. or Apache Palms RV Park in Tempe for luxury, comfort and affordability.
West Coast US RV Camping Destinations:
- Come to California for Spring Break and you’ll still be talking about your trip next year! Here are three beautiful spots to visit for exciting California Spring Break family memories:
- San Diego has plenty of outdoor fun in store for families. Visit the Mission Beach Boardwalk, Belmont Park and the awesome San Diego Zoo. Beautiful weather and top-rated campgrounds like Campland on the Bay complete a picture-perfect Spring Break RV trip to San Diego.
- Want to surprise the kids with gorgeous mountain views and the chance to fish for bass, bluegill and crappie on a sparkling freshwater lake? Bring along the boat on your RV Spring Break trip to Southern California and enjoy the amenities at Lake Elsinore Marina and RV Resort. Settled against the Ortega Mountains, California’s largest freshwater lake offers enough outdoor recreation to keep your active family occupied.
- You can’t go wrong with the myriad attractions of San Francisco for Spring Break! Camp at Marin RV Park in Greenbrae and take advantage of Bay Area transit buses and ferries to get you where you want to go. Golden Gate National Recreation Area has an incredible variety of national treasures for your family to explore – Muir Woods National Monument, Point Bonita Lighthouse and Alcatraz Island, just to name a few. The City of San Francisco’s diverse neighborhoods also host thrilling shops, restaurants and attractions waiting to be discovered by Spring Break visitors.
Now aren’t you glad you stopped by this blog to get tips for your family’s Spring Break RV camping trip? America’s outdoor wonderlands, cultural treasures and exciting urban areas are waiting to make this year’s Spring Break RV trip unforgettable.