What’s the weather like in your part of the world? If cooler winter temperatures are settling in, you might be dreaming of a day at the beach. We’ve got the perfect RV camping destination for you – St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, an enchanted little stretch of land near Panama City, Florida. This place has the makings of a perfect winter RV camping vacation.
Here’s why – the views are delightful, there are plenty of places to play and the beach is one of the most highly-rated in America. Need any more reason to book your RV rental and get going? Just in case you do, here are the details on why St. Joseph Peninsula State Park should be your next winter RV camping destination.
- Kayaking and Canoeing are popular in the shallow waters of St. Joseph Bay, so bring your vessel and discover why paddlers flock to the Florida Panhandle.
- RV Camping on St. Joseph Peninsula is easy, thanks to two campgrounds, both close to the beach with full facilities.
- Snorkeling in St. Joseph Bay can provide hours of fascinating fun. Check the website above for the rules before you come, and then get ready to discover the peninsula’s watery playground.
- Sugar Sand Beaches go on for miles, swooping into impressive dunes and welcoming you to come splash in the Bay. Plan plenty of time for strolling, swimming and relaxing on the beach!
- Surf Fishing is allowed at the park with a Florida fishing license. Fishing for such salt water species as whiting, mullet and flounder is a favorite activity among St. Joseph Peninsula RV campers.
- Three Hiking Trails lead through coastal scrub and hammock, past salt marshes and along St. Joseph Bay. You and your RV camping crew will soon understand why Florida has set aside this marvelous slice of nature for future generations. You’ll need a permit to hike the wilderness area, so plan ahead and bring your favorite hiking shoes. The impressive coastal beauty of this park will beg you to discover its trails.
- Wildlife Viewing at St. Joseph Peninsula State Park will keep your camera clicking. Nesting sea turtles are protected on the peninsula, but if you keep your distance you can capture them on camera to take home. You’ll also discover a wide variety of shore birds and coastal creatures during your stay.
St. Joseph Peninsula State Park is waiting to bestow its beauty on your winter-weary eyes. There’s no nicer place to park an RV, no matter what time of year, and this year it might just become a treasured family memory.