Van Nuys, California in the San Fernando Valley is waiting to charm RV camping vacationers with natural and cultural attractions for every taste. Close to national parks and forests, an easy drive from beautiful beaches and just minutes from most Los Angeles area attractions, Van Nuys offers what you’re hoping to find on vacation. Book your Van Nuys RV rental and use this handy guide to plan your trip!
- Angeles National Forest in the San Gabriel Mountains is an immense outdoor attraction that draws millions of Los Angeles area visitors each year. Favorite places like the Pacific Crest Trail and Little Rock Reservoir will add beauty and enjoyment to your Van Nuys RV camping vacation. Explore the Forest Service guide to Angeles National Forest to plan your family’s outdoor activities.
- Auto Club Speedway in Fontana features NASCAR racing, RV camping on the infield and fantastic RV tailgating possibilities. Schedule your trip to Van Nuys to coincide with a race; it’s an unforgettable experience! Here’s the scoop on RV camping and race schedules at Auto Club Speedway.
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium near scenic Cabrillo Beach will delight your family with interesting aquatic exhibits. Learn all about Southern California ocean species and then stay to enjoy a day on the beach in San Pedro. Here’s a link to the details on Cabrillo Marine Aquarium.
- Hermosa Beach, a village by the sea just south of Van Nuys, offers LA visitors the joys of California beach life in a fun, eclectic setting. Enjoy the sunny stretch of sand and then stay for the vibrant nightlife scene. Plenty of places in this little burg to splash, shop and play while on vacation.
- Hollywood! C’mon, admit that if you’re coming to Los Angeles on your RV camping vacation, you want to see the stars while you’re here! Hollywood, home to the Walk of Fame, Hollywood Bowl, Kodak Theater and other entertainment-centered attractions, is a quick jaunt from Van Nuys. Tour companies offer all sorts of journeys that celebrate the motion picture industry, so why not use this great guide to Hollywood to book yours?
- Los Padres National Forest is just a couple of hours north of Van Nuys. With more than a thousand miles of trails through diverse ecosystems, it’s a favorite with hikers. We hear the fishing is great, too, with trout-filled streams and creeks that beckon to anglers. Here’s a guide to activities available in Los Padres National Forest.
- Santa Monica State Beach is a wonderful place for travelers to spend at least one day of their Los Angeles RV camping vacation. Ride the South Bay Bicycle Trail, fish from the pier or swim in the gentle surf. Your family will love the classic SoCal feel of this beautiful three-mile-plus stretch of state beach. Click here for more information on Santa Monica’s beach playground.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain is a short drive from Van Nuys in Valencia and the place for a day of wild rides, exciting entertainment and family-friendly activity. Magic Mountain boasts extreme roller coasters and movie-themed thrill rides as well as rides little kids will love in Bugs Bunny World.
- UCLA Bruins Sports are an excellent reason to come to Van Nuys by RV. Check the Bruins website for your favorite sport’s schedule and don’t forget to pack your motorhome with tailgating favorites!
- Universal Studios Hollywood, a favorite with our Van Nuys RV rental clients, combines the excitement of a Hollywood studio tour, thrill rides sure to raise a scream and concerts every night on the Universal CityWalk. Buy your tickets online to avoid the lines.
A trip to Van Nuys by RV can be the start of a hiking, swimming, biking, shopping, touring and stargazing great time. We hope you’ll save a spot for Van Nuys on this year’s vacation calendar!