Every winter, the El Monte RV Rentals locations near ski resorts are inundated with requests for motorhome rentals. We thought we’d help you avoid this year’s crush by giving you plenty of notice that RV and ski season will soon be upon us!
We’ve gathered information on ten popular ski resorts with RV facilities on-site or year-round RV campgrounds nearby. We hope our handy list will help RV camping and skiing families plan their winter ski vacations in advance. Let us know when you’re ready to rent that comfy, affordable ski chalet on wheels!
Ten US RV and Ski Locations
- Combine Big Bear Mountain’s two ski resorts and the friendly welcome you’ll find at Pine Tree RV Park two miles away in Fawnskin, California and you’ve got the perfect family RV and ski vacation. No matter whether you’re looking for the classic alpine ski experience or some wild and chilly fun on a snowboard, Big Bear Mountain should be on your California winter camping itinerary.
- The alpine village of Breckenridge, Colorado is a treat no active family should miss. Five rugged peaks, a terrain park and the convenience of Tiger Run RV Resort minutes from the slopes makes this one of our most-suggested RV and ski locations.
- Pennsylvania’s got what it takes to entertain ski-crazy RV campers, too. Camelback Ski Resort in the Poconos is an unforgettable experience, with black diamond to novice trails and plenty of room for tubing. Add in Otter Lake Camp Resort, less than thirty minutes from the slopes in Marshalls Creek, PA, and you’ll enjoy the comforts of home along with a first-class skiing experience.
- Canaan Valley Ski Resort, just three hours from Washington, DC in West Virginia’s Allegheny Mountains, looks forward to hosting your family’s winter RV adventure. This legendary ski area has full-service campsites at an amazing discount during ski season.
- Gunstock Mountain Resort near Gilford, NH welcomes winter RV vacationers by renting sites with electricity and the use of their heated bathhouse and offering campers discounts on lift tickets. Ski the slopes of the Belknap Mountain Range and warm up in RV comfort at the end of the day!
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Area in California’s Eastern Sierra attracts avid skiers with well-groomed trails and a variety of winter recreation experiences. Ski Mammoth and then spend the night surrounded by the beauty of Mammoth Lake RV Park.
- Mount Bachelor Ski Resort in Bend, Oregon caters to RV travelers by providing a special parking area at the foot of the mountain for boondockers. Although there’s no water or dump station on-site, both are available nearby.
- Rather than limit your New Mexico RV camping and skiing options, we decided to share this outstanding resource with our readers. Click the link to find information on seven ski areas in The Land of Enchantment, as well as links to nearby RV campgrounds. Who knows? Your family may decide to stay awhile in New Mexico and experience the fun of RV camping near all of these exciting alpine adventures.
- Ski Park City, Utah and you’ll learn why America’s best skiers return to Utah often. Three excellent ski areas surround Park City, and camping at Park City RV Resort gives you easy access to them all.
- Sunrise Park Resort, four hours east of Phoenix, AZ near the New Mexico border, welcomes ski-happy families with plenty of winter fun. Not only are there two affordable RV camping areas on-site, you’ll also find a children’s ski area, a terrain park for snowboarders and challenging trails for downhill skiers in Arizona’s wonderfully scenic White Mountains.