Just twenty-five miles from Tampa, Florida, Palm Harbor is an excellent place to park your RV for a West Central Florida RV camping vacation. We’d like to help you plan that trip by sharing ten places you MUST visit near Palm Harbor, Florida.
As we start our journey, here’s a reminder that we’re always here to help with Florida RV rentals at our Palm Harbor El Monte RV Rentals office! Now let’s get to that list:
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will thrill your kids with rides, wild animals and plenty of family-centered fun!
- Caladesi Island State Park – Looking for a day trip to pristine, white sand beaches close to Palm Harbor? Take the ferry to Caladesi Island State Park from Clearwater for a day of swimming, hiking and picnicking the family won’t soon forget.
- Chassahowitzka National Wildlife Refuge Complex encompasses five refuges an hour north of Palm Harbor and gives RVers the chance to explore nature for days! Bring your cameras and watch for West Indian Manatees on the Crystal River, brown pelicans at Pinellas and hundreds of other species in Gulf Coast habitats.
- Gatorland in Tampa gets top marks from RV travelers, with exciting shows and exhibits celebrating the reptiles for which Florida is famous.
- Honeymoon Island State Park, just across Dunedin Causeway from Palm Harbor, has spectacular sunsets, interesting trails and beaches just made for swimming and shelling.
- Manatee Springs State Park – bike, hike, canoe or kayak your way through this scenic wetland on the Suwanee River. This long-time favorite attraction of RVers also boasts a convenient campground on-site.
- Pinellas Trail – This paved trail extends all the way across Central Florida from Tarpon Springs (18 miles north of Palm Harbor) to St. Augustine! Imagine the things you’ll see along the way as you hike or bike your way across the state.
- St. Pete Pier, twenty five miles south of Palm Harbor in St. Petersburg, Florida, is a five story, oceanside wonderland of shops, restaurants, an aquarium and plenty of amusements to keep your RV camping crew busy.
- The #1 rated Tampa Zoo in Lowry Park has more than a thousand animals in beautiful green spaces created for optimum viewing while protecting the creatures’ natural habitats.
- Ybor City is Tampa’s exciting entertainment district with its roots in the cigar making industry. Come salsa, samba and indulge in the Latin flavors in the district’s historic venues.