- 16th Street Pedestrian Mall in the heart of downtown Denver offers visitors the chance to shop, stroll and sight see along a picturesque granite pedestrian mall. Catch the convenient shuttle to cafes, shops and historic buildings for an afternoon of entertainment, Denver style.
- Blackhawk and Central City Casinos are a short forty-five minute drive from Denver. If gaming is your passion, this is the place to be on your Denver RV camping vacation. Thirty casinos and ten thousand slots mean hours of Colorado gaming close to Denver.
- Colorado Rockies Major League Baseball is a great experience for travelers to Denver. Coors Field hosts exciting baseball action, so be sure to check online for ticket packages before you go.
- Denver Wine Tours are a growing industry in the Mile High City. Sample Colorado wines at local wine tasting rooms and learn the joys of Front Range wineries first-hand. If you’re ready to venture beyond Denver metro to explore Front Range vineyards, travel the Front Range Wine Trail instead.
- Georgetown Loop Railroad, just an hour west of Denver in Georgetown, takes visitors on an astounding journey around corkscrew turns and over four historic bridges between Georgetown and Silver Plume. Mine tours, dramatic canyon views and a big dose of Colorado mining history make this side trip a great way to spend a day.
- Grand Lake – At one end of Trail Ridge Drive, the historic village of Grand Lake sits on the shores of the mountain lake that gives it its name. RV travelers love the 360 degree scenery, six lakes for fishing, swimming and boating and almost endless hiking opportunities. Just two hours from Denver, Grand Lake is definitely a delightful diversion for Denver RV campers.
- Mount Evans, west of Denver in Idaho Springs, will thrill your family as you traverse the highest paved highway in America. Climb the scenic byway from just under 9,000 feet at the base to 14,240 feet at the summit for spectacular views of the surrounding Rockies, abundant wildlife and five surrounding lakes.
- Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge – a fascinating urban refuge in Denver where trails, tours and more than three hundred species of wildlife will entertain your family.
- Rocky Mountain National Park – Just west of Denver, the grandeur of the Rockies is showcased in the trails, lakes and magnificent peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park. Beloved sights like Trail Ridge Drive, Longs Peak and Alberta Falls are waiting to thrill your RV camping crew. Hike, camp, fish, photograph wildlife and learn about alpine ecosystems in the shadow of the park’s “fourteeners”. With every corner of RMNP above 7500 feet, there’s no such thing as a bad view!
- Whitewater Rafting on Clear Creek, just thirty miles west of downtown Denver, is a favorite way for RVers to enjoy the area. Whether it’s a leisurely family float trip or exciting Class V rapids you’re after, you’ll find plenty of whitewater action in the Denver area.
The Mile High City is bustling with ways to entertain you on your Colorado RV camping trip. Pick up your Denver RV rental at our local El Monte RV office and then plunge into the fun that is Denver!
Picture credits: The picture of Bierstadt Lake is from the Wikimedia Commons. It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported, 2.5 Generic, 2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic license.