Just across the bay from Monterey, California, Santa Cruz is the gateway to plenty of RV camping excitement. We’ve picked just ten Santa Cruz attractions for RV campers to enjoy. Once you’re there, we know you’ll find dozens of other sites and experiences to treasure.
- Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, only an hour away in Monterey, features top-notch road racing events like the Red Bull US Grand Prix and Ferrari Racing Days. Check the website for race schedules and plan time to visit the track on your Santa Cruz RV camping vacation.
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary is a magical collection of beaches, wildlife and unforgettable scenery. From Marin to Cambria on California’s Pacific Coast, this sanctuary features campgrounds, hiking trails, first-class sea-kayaking and fishing venues, whale watching cruises and a whole host of other outdoor fun opportunities.
- Natural Bridges State Beach – Follow West Cliff Drive along the bluffs to Natural Bridges, where sea lions, whales and a hundred thousand Monarch butterflies play. Picnic on the beach, walk the shoreline and watch for abundant aquatic life and visit Monarch Grove, where the butterflies congregate from October to February.
- Pasatiempo Golf Club – Always wanted to play a top-100 course? Pasatiempo Golf Club overlooks Monterey Bay and offers limited hours to public play each day. Book a tee time and then enjoy this masterpiece of American golfing in an extraordinary setting.
- Roaring Camp Railroads, just north of Santa Cruz in Felton, combines California history with a redwood preserve to delight its visitors. Take a ride on one of the camp’s vintage steam trains through one of the first stands of coastal redwoods preserved for future generations. The kids are going to love it at Roaring Camp!
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, where the rides, the arcade and the beautiful beach add up to a marvelous day for RV travelers. Come lose yourself in the fun on this iconic seaside boardwalk.
- Santa Cruz Mission State Historic Park – Walk the charming streets of the city’s central plaza, and then visit an 18th century mission within walking distance of downtown. Misión la Exaltacion de la Santa Cruz sits on a hill overlooking the city. Don’t miss the chance to experience an important segment of California’s history.
- Santa Cruz Surfing Museum, housed in the Mark Abbott Memorial Lighthouse, not only gives a glimpse into California’s quintessential sport, it also allows you to visit the lighthouse built by the Abbott family in memory of their son on the site of Santa Cruz’s original light.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center, run by the University of California Santa Cruz, gives visitors a window into the wonders of Monterey Bay. Surely one of the most scenic museum settings in America, it’s also filled with exhibits, aquariums and hands-on exploration sites celebrating the aquatic world.
- Wilder Ranch State Park – Bring the bikes and cruise through this historic park’s trails while learning about early California ranching. The coastal wetlands, terraced fields and diverse wildlife habitats combine with the ranch’s historic buildings to create a beautiful environment for an outdoor excursion.
All that’s left is to book your Santa Cruz RV rental and you’re on the way to a world of coastal California adventure. Discover why Santa Cruz, California is one place RV campers return to again and again.