Traveling in Texas is always interesting, especially in the comfort of an RV rental. Palmer, Texas, just south of Dallas, is the perfect starting point for your Texas RV camping vacation. Here are ten places to visit by RV near Palmer, Texas that will keep your crew busy from dawn to dusk.
- Cedar Creek Reservoir, sixty miles south of Dallas, is an angling paradise, with largemouth bass, flatheads and black crappie galore. Camp at Lakeridge RV Park in Gun Barrel City for easy access to fishing action.
- Cedar Hill State Park is another excellent venue for fishing, boating, hiking, swimming and enjoying Texas outdoors. An on-site campground keeps your trip to Cedar Hill simple and affordable.
- Dallas Arts District is the largest such district in the nation, featuring nineteen blocks of galleries, shops, museums and outdoor features like sculpture gardens. Save on lodging with a Dallas RV rental and then indulge your artistic side with purchases from The District.
- Davy Crockett National Forest, two and half hours south of Palmer, TX, welcomes RVers to camp in the woods at Ratcliff Lake. Enjoy the trails, and swim, paddle or fish in this small woodland lake.
- First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas offers bargain shoppers the chance to visit hundreds of booths stocked by vendors from all over America. Held the Thursday through Sunday before the first Monday of every month, it’s a Texas treat worth traveling to experience.
- Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District plunges visitors straight into the Wild West. This wild ‘n wooly entertainment district features some of the most sizzling nightlife in Texas. Come for the daytime history lesson and stay to visit exciting nighttime venues in an historic Western setting.
- Lake Whitney is the perfect place for RVers who enjoy developed campgrounds close to plenty of amenities. Southwest of Palmer on the Brazos River, Lake Whitney offers an amazing variety of RV campgrounds from which to choose.
- Richland Chambers Reservoir, an hour south of Palmer, promises excellent catfish, white bass and crappie fishing. Midway Landing on the lake provides not only RV campsites but everything a fisherman could possibly need to hit the water.
- Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington is a perennial Texas attraction. Ride the rides, see the shows and immerse yourself in “Tejas” culture, then go home to comfortable RV camping at Dallas/Arlington KOA.
- Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth is hallowed ground for NASCAR fans. They know they’ll always find great racing action and a wide selection of RV camping options at the track.
Isn’t it time for you to visit Palmer, Texas and its wide range of exciting attractions? It’s big, it’s Texas and it’s fantastic to visit by RV.