Surrounded by mountains and deeply rooted in Hispanic and Native American culture, Albuquerque, New Mexico is also an exciting RV camping destination. Here’s our list of the top ten places to see when you go RV camping in Albuquerque.
- Albuquerque BioPark – four fascinating attractions stretch out along the Rio Grande near Old Town. Purchase a combo ticket and visit the Botanic Gardens, the Zoo, the Aquarium and Tingley Beach, home to three popular fishing lakes.
- Anderson Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum – where else but the home of the premier international ballooning event to create a museum that celebrates the hot air balloon through the ages.
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center – nineteen unique pueblos dot the landscape from Santa Fe to the Texas/New Mexico border. Albuquerque’s Indian Pueblo Cultural Center celebrates and educates about the indigenous Native American cultures of the Southwest.
- National Hispanic Cultural Center – permanent exhibits and special events display the creativity of the Hispanic culture in dozens of ways.
- Old Town Albuquerque – a unique shopping experience in a picturesque adobe village filled with shops, galleries and quaint cafes.
- Paseo del Bosque Bike Trail – sixteen miles of uninterrupted trail on the outskirts of Albuquerque allow bicyclists to explore the bosque forest ringing the Rio Grande.
- Paseo de la Mesa Multi-Use Trail – views of six mountain ranges greet bikers and hikers on this four mile trail through varied terrain.
- Petroglyph National Monument – more than twenty thousand ancient drawings tell the story of the Pueblo Indians who are still a major influence in the Albuquerque area.
- Route 66 Nob Hill – this 1940s entertainment district on historic Route 66 promises a full day of shopping, sightseeing and entertainment.
- Sandia Peak Tramway – ascend four thousand feet in a comfortable, enclosed gondola with awesome mountain views out every window.
Albuquerque welcomes visitors year-round. Pack the RV with bikes, cameras and shopping shoes and make tracks to the Land of Enchantment soon.