We continue our “Top 10 List” series with a trip to a Bay Area town with lots of excitement within a short drive. Milpitas, California, at the southern tip of San Francisco Bay, is centrally located for exciting Bay Area adventures. When planning your RV camping trip to Milpitas, use our list to start your itinerary.
- Bay Area NFL Football – One of the best reasons to visit Milpitas and the Bay Area in the fall is the chance to see not just one but two professional football teams play. Candlestick Park in San Francisco is home to the ’49ers and just across the Bay the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum hosts the Raiders.
- California’s Great America Amusement Park – Just off Highway 101 north of San Jose, you’ll find a day full of fun for the whole family. Great America Amusement Park continues to delight families with attractions like
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area – Once you’ve arrived in Milpitas, you’ll want to take at least one day trip to Golden Gate National Recreation Area. A collection of historical and natural wonders, this NRA is home to such national treasures as Alcatraz Island, Muir Woods National Monument, Fort Point National Historic Site, Point Bonita Lighthouse and some of the most beautiful beaches in California. A “must-do” on our top ten list of places to see near Milpitas!
- Infineon Raceway – Just north of the Bay in Sonoma your family can enjoy world-class auto racing at Infineon Raceway. Whether you love to watch the bikes run, are addicted to top-fuel drags or confess to being a NASCAR die-hard, there’s a race almost every day of the year at Infineon.
- Monterey Bay – About an hour and a half south of Milpitas, the town of Monterey is home to a whole host of outstanding attractions. Monterey Bay Aquarium entertains as it educates visitors about ocean life and conservation. Monterey State Beach encompasses miles of beautiful beach front and is an excellent spot for scuba diving, swimming and tide pool exploration. Monterey is also home to Cannery Row, the historic waterfront district made famous by John Steinbeck.
- San Francisco Zoo – An oceanfront zoo filled with fascinating creatures, the San Francisco Zoo is located just an hour north of Milpitas.
- Sunol Regional Wilderness – Sunol/Ohlone Regional Wilderness is the place to get out and stretch on scenic trails. Hike out to Little Yosemite gorge, or take the challenge of Ohlone Wilderness Trail and enjoy the coastal forests, wildflowers and lush green valleys of this wilderness.
- Tech Museum of Innovation – Also just down the road from Milpitas in San Jose, the Tech Museum of Innovation will stretch your mind with first-rate technological exhibits and demonstrations.
- Winchester Mystery House – Plan to take your time rambling through 160 rooms filled with architectural surprises in the Winchester Mystery House, a San Jose mansion built by the Winchester Arms heiress.
- Yosemite National Park – If this is your first trip to the area, plan time to make the three-hour drive east into Yosemite National Park. In a comfortable RV rental, it’s no problem and the sights you’ll see at Yosemite are unforgettable!
We’re ready and waiting at El Monte RV Rentals to help you create the perfect RV trip to the Bay Area. Hoping to see you soon!