Experiencing South Carolina should definitely include a trip to Myrtle Beach on the state’s Atlantic Coast. Bright blue water, low country food and dozens of exciting attractions make this “Jewel of the Grand Strand” the ultimate sun ‘n fun vacation spot.
To help our readers plan their RV camping calendars, we’d like to share our Top Ten List of Places to See in Myrtle Beach.
- A Beach to Remember – Be prepared to play on a beautiful white sand beach when you come to Myrtle Beach. Rated one of the Best Beaches on the East Coast by the Travel Channel, Myrtle Beach is the perfect family playground. It’s ideal for parasailing, banana boat riding, scuba diving or just kicking around in the waves.
- Broadway at the Beach – This exciting ocean-side venue has something for everyone. Shops, restaurants, water and amusement parks and year-round festivals keep thousands of visitors flocking to Broadway at the Beach. A tip: treat yourself to Low Country cuisine, with regional favorites like “chicken bog” and fresh local seafood cooked to perfection.
- Family Kingdom – Family Kingdom seaside amusement park is a delightful blend of old-fashioned amusements (try the Swamp Fox wooden roller coaster) and the latest in thrills (an 11-story “sling shot”!)
- Hunting Island State Park & Lighthouse – Climb to the top of this legendary light and get a bird’s eye view of the park‘s beautiful beach, a saltwater lagoon teeming with wildlife, a seaside campground and maybe even a loggerhead sea turtle!
- Myrtle Beach Casino Cruise – Myrtle Beach Casino Cruises are another star attraction, offering exciting gaming action while enjoying the view along the Little River Inlet.
- Myrtle Beach Golf Courses – Did you know more than one hundred golf courses are within easy reach of Myrtle Beach? Challenging public courses and private golf resorts with visitor privileges make this town a magnet for golf-playing vacationers. Check in at the Myrtle Beach Golf Association website if you’re hoping to hit the links on vacation.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball – BB&T Coastal Field is home to great minor league baseball, thanks to the Myrtle Beach Pelicans. The team has made a name for themselves in the Carolina League, and baseball fans will want to take in a game while in town.
- Myrtle Beach RV Camping – When South Carolina rolls out the welcome mat to RV travelers, it does it with style. The RV resorts in this sun-drenched town are some of the best in the country. Consider these RV campground gems:
- Lakewood Camping Resort – right on the Atlantic, with more than one thousand campsites and an amazing array of amenities.
- Myrtle Beach KOA – friendly campground within walking distance of attractions your kids are going to love.
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground – adjacent to a mile of soft sand beach and twice rated ARVC’s National RV Park of the Year.
- Myrtle Beach State Park – Myrtle Beach State Park is a wonderful spot to take the kids. Fish from the pier, hike the Sculptured Oak Nature Trail or visit the nature center. This beautiful beach front sanctuary includes an RV campground to make a visit even more attractive.
- NASCAR SpeedPark – Run off some vacation energy on the tracks at the family-fun NASCAR SpeedPark with plenty of thrills and spills!
There you have it, ten great reasons to go RV camping at Myrtle Beach, SC. Visit soon!