Hoping for a place to camp this year with plenty of attractions close by? San Bernardino, California, jewel of the “Inland Empire” thrills RV travelers with its fascinating past and access to nearby mountain resorts. Here are just ten of the reasons campers come to San Bernardino.
- California Theatre of the Performing Arts – This revitalized 1920s movie palace is a sight to behold, and that’s not where the fun ends. Check their schedule before you go and include a musical review, silent movie or concert in your vacation agenda.
- Court Street Square – A lovely green space in the center of town, Court Street Square is home to concerts, a farmers market and lively community events that will add spice to your stay in San Bernardino.
- Fullerton Museum of Art – Cal State San Bernardino – Looking for a bit of culture on your RV camping vacation? Visit the campus of Cal State San Bernardino, where the Fullerton Museum of Art showcases an impressive collection of Egyptian art as well as diverse temporary exhibitions.
- Inland Empire 66ers Single-A Minor League Baseball Team – While RV camping in San Bernardino, don’t miss the chance to see great baseball at Arrowhead Credit Union Park. The “66ers” deliver exciting baseball action in their beautiful new stadium, so plan to see a game on your trip.
- Mountain Skies Astronomy Village – Visit a world-class observatory and enjoy fascinating astronomy exhibits while surrounded by the beauty of Lake Arrowhead. Check their schedule to make sure they’re open before you go; you won’t want to miss Mountain Skies.
- Pioneer Memorial Cemetery – Travel back in time at Pioneer Cemetery on 9th Street in San Bernardino, where graves dating back to California’s earliest settlers offer clues into the past.
- San Bernardino National Forest – Eight hundred thousand acres of mountains, lakes and spectacular views are waiting to entice you into an extended stay. Big Bear Lake, Lake Arrowhead and Rim of the World Scenic Highway are just three of the awe-inspiring reasons to spend time in the forest.
- San Gorgonio Wilderness – Hit the trails in this wilderness for an unforgettable vacation experience. Go all the way to the summit of San Gorgonio Mountain or hike through mountain meadows, along remote lakeshores and within the peaceful sanctuary of pine and aspen forests.
- Seccombe Lake Park – An urban oasis that’s the perfect place to picnic with the family, without ever leaving the city!