Because our RV rental customers come from all fifty states, plus a fair number of overseas locations, we’ve learned there’s not just one kind of RV traveler. Depending on the way you like to travel, some RV camping destinations will have you packing your bags while others simply don’t register on the excitement meter. To help you plan the best RV vacation possible, we’ve pulled together a list of destinations likely to be enjoyed by each kind of RV camper. We hope you find it helpful!
Family-Style RV Campers
Some RV travelers love to gather up the kids and grand kids and hit the road for an adventure. If that describes you, you’re likely to love visiting amusement parks, big events like state fairs and state or national parks. Here are two great family fun destinations for your next RV camping trip:
- Dollywood – Pigeon Forge, TN: Bring your whole family for down-home fun in the Smoky Mountains. Special events year-round make Dollywood an exciting destination anytime. Abundant area RV campgrounds keep vacation planning simple.
- Acadia National Park – Maine: This gorgeous national park on Maine’s Atlantic Coast has something to please every member of your family. Bring the bikes and explore the park’s carriage road system and don’t miss the lighthouse tour. Bass Harbor Campground on Mount Desert Island is family-centered and friendly.
Couples Who Love RV Camping
What’s more romantic than a peaceful night spent under the trees, without actually having to sleep on the ground? RV camping is a favorite activity of couples who love spending time together. Here are two places sure to light a spark between you and your favorite RV camping companion:
- Eureka Springs, Arkansas: This historic city in the Ozark Mountains is the perfect destination for romantic RV camping. Here’s your chance to get out into nature, visit an amazing array of shops and restaurants or have a couples massage at one of almost a dozen area spas.
- Big Sur, California: Relax with your partner in the beauty of California’s coastal paradise. Big Sur campgrounds such as Fernwood Resort offer scenic campsites and as little or as much outdoor activity as you’d like to enjoy on your romantic getaway.
Guys or Girls Getaway RV Camping
For those who live for time away with a group of friends, RV camping offers an affordable option. Here’s one possible destination for the guys and one the girls are going to love exploring!
- Pismo Beach, CA Classic Car Show: Load the RV with guys and gear and head for Pismo Beach, CA the third weekend in June. One of the largest classic car shows on the West Coach, this event also gives you and your friends the chance to surf, swim, fish from the pier or just relax in the sun between car show events.
- Sedona, AZ Women’s RV Getaway: Where could you spend a more relaxing girl’s getaway weekend than in Sedona, AZ? There’s a spa on nearly every corner! Park your RV in spectacular redrock scenery and then allow yourselves to relax and be pampered at Sedona New Day Spa or any of the luxurious health and healing centers in this relaxation mecca.
Recognize yourself in any of the categories of RV campers we’ve listed? There are exciting, relaxing, romantic destinations all over America, and there’s almost always an RV campground close by. Decide what kind of camper you are and then start planning the kind of RV camping trip that suits you best.