For millions of Americans, RV travel is the only way to go. They love the flexibility, convenience and economy of taking their home along on their excursions. If you’re ready to join the trend but aren’t sure which destinations work best, we’ve got good news! No matter whether you’re planning to hike the trails in a national park or spend your days gaming at a Vegas casino, there’s a campground close by. So the real question is…where will you go on your first RV trip?
RV Camping at National Parks
Need wide, open spaces to occupy your brood, with plenty of choices for outdoor recreation? Our country’s national parks are a treasure waiting to be discovered. It’s easy to find information on campgrounds, special places and ranger-led activities, thanks to NPS.gov. Choose your region, pick a park and then use the park’s Plan Your Visit menu as your guide.
Need some suggestions for your first national park RV camping trip? Here are five to consider:
- Yellowstone National Park – hiking, camping, paddling and outstanding wildlife watching in the wilds of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.
- Acadia National Park – come to Maine’s rocky Atlantic shore for climbing, hiking, scenic driving, ocean paddling and unforgettable campgrounds.
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area – Atlanta’s urban waterway, wild and free and filled with special places to hike, paddle and relax. Area campgrounds are abundant!
- Olympic National Forest – Washington’s Pacific coast is just the beginning of your camping adventure, thanks to this park’s lakes, rainforests and mountain regions.
- Yosemite National Park – The waterfalls! The famous peaks! The wildlife! There’s nowhere in this California High Sierra gem that isn’t extraordinary. Reserve your campsites early, it’s one of the most popular parks in America.
RV Camping in Urban Destinations
Think your first RV camping trip has to be to the great outdoors? Think again! Here are three ways RV camping in America’s cities is a best bet for your first trip.
- RV Camping to MLB Spring Training: Love to watch baseball and can’t wait for regular season play? In both Florida and Arizona, Major League Baseball teams start warming up in early spring and play dozens of games at excellent local stadiums. Read our guide here to RV Camping to Florida Grapefruit League MLB Spring Training or Arizona Cactus League MLB Spring Training and go watch your favorite teams on your first RV camping trip ever!
- RV Camping to Casinos: All over America, casinos are catering to RV travelers, so why not combine your first RV trip with a week or a weekend of gaming? Click here for our guide to finding RV-friendly casino accommodations.
- RV Camping to Music Festivals: One more way to break in to RV travel is by camping at urban music festivals. Whether in a city park or around the town lake, these festivals are custom-made for your first trip. Here’s our guide to RV camping at music festivals.
Motorhome travel fits the budget of every newbie camper, thanks to the availability of RV rentals in most areas. Try on different floor plans and option packages before you purchase your own. You may even decide that renting is the way to go whenever you go by RV.
Use the suggestions to start your own trip dreams brewing and let us know where you go on your first RV camping trip. We’re here to help make it your best vacation ever!