RV travelers who have never visited Dublin are missing a great California RV camping experience. A city filled with scenic parks in the Tri-Valley Region southwest of Oakland, Dublin is a great place to base an RV camping vacation.
Here’s why—whether you’re in search of boutique wines or the perfect photo of the Golden Gate Bridge, you’ll find it a short drive from Dublin. We’ve collected ideas for RV camping adventures near Dublin from our San Francisco RV rental clients. We hope they’re the start of your best vacation ever!
- A trip to Bay Area lighthouses guarantees vacation photos you’ll want to frame. The great lights at Oakland Harbor, Alcatraz and the Carquinez Strait are just three of the sites lighthouse lovers will want to visit. Here’s a terrific map of Bay Area lighthouses from LighthouseFriends.com.
- A Bay Area Cruise can introduce you to the regional attractions in an unforgettable way. Bay cruise companies will take you under the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz and right to the historic piers at Fisherman’s Wharf. Definitely a must-do for first time visitors!
- Del Valle Regional Park near Livermore features a picturesque lake, swimming beaches and a peaceful valley setting with plenty of hiking trails. Consider camping at the lake and hiking the awesome Ohlone Wilderness Trail.
- No visit to the Bay Area is complete without a visit to Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Views that will leave you breathless can be seen from the beaches, historic forts and rocky points all along this sixty-mile stretch of coastline. Treat yourself by spending at least one day of your RV camping trip to Dublin exploring the Presidio, the Cliff House and Muir Woods National Monument. These and so many more outstanding attractions can be found within Golden Gate NRA.
- To experience splendid wines in lush surroundings, travel Livermore Valley Wine Country just west of Dublin. More than three dozen wineries grace the valley, offering unique experiences over every vine-laden hill. From the Singing Winemaker to the Big White House, there’s a taste adventure waiting for RV travelers in the Livermore Valley.
- Have an extra day to play while in Dublin? Drive south to Monterey Bay and discover dozens more exciting attractions. Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cannery Row waterfront district and Fisherman’s Wharf are just three ways to play in this legendary city by the sea.
- Oakland attractions are more than enough reason to stay in nearby Dublin. Stretching along San Francisco Bay, Oakland offers RV camping visitors some pretty wonderful ways to spend their time. Local favorites like kayaking on Lake Merritt, attending an Oakland Athletics Major League Baseball game or enjoying an evening at Jack London Square will make you glad you made the short drive to Oakland.
- Downtown Pleasanton, an historic shopping and entertainment district in Dublin’s neighboring city, makes a delightful day trip for Dublin RV travelers. Pleasanton invites visitors to take its Historic Walking Tour and pick out prime examples of California’s architectural evolution.
Point Reyes National Seashore is wild, mysterious and just an hour’s drive north of San Francisco. No hot, sandy Southern California beaches here—the rocky cliffs, thrilling trails and opportunities to spot whales and elephant seals along the way make this a wonderful excursion while RV camping in Dublin.
- Looking for secret delights close to the city? Redwood Regional Park, just minutes from Downtown Oakland, is a quiet grove of fifteen-story Sequoias. Come hike by a stream, stand in awe of the redwoods and watch for wildlife in a remarkable setting.
Before we go, here’s a tip on a great campground near Dublin. The Fair RV Park in Pleasanton, only twelve minutes from Dublin, is centrally located to all Tri Valley attractions. It’s also located at the Alameda County Fairgrounds, so check the website for car shows, fairs or festivals happening during your stay.
When you’re ready to start your RV camping vacation, our El Monte RV Rental Dublin office is ready to make it affordable. Give us a call and let us know how we can help!