Whether your family’s sport is taekwondo, karate’ or mixed martial arts, you’ve probably been involved in a tournament or two. Many families spend weekends on the road, sitting through long days at tournament venues, eating from concession stands and then dropping into hotel rooms for a short night’s sleep. Want to know a better way to enjoy your favorite martial art? Rent an RV, cook healthy meals to share and get a great night’s sleep in a comfy RV bed.
Before we look at some of the major US martial arts tournaments our RV camping friends have enjoyed, let’s talk about two more reasons RV camping to martial arts tournaments makes sense.
- RVs are Perfect for Carrying Martial Arts Equipment!Ever notice how much equipment you pack on the way to a tournament? Sparring gear, uniforms, weapons, and mats can fill a trunk quickly. A spacious motorhome has plenty of room to stow away your martial arts gear for the journey. Even if you’re sharing an RV on the way to an event, there should be lots of storage space for everyone’s equipment.
- RVs Make the Perfect “Command Post” for Your Martial Arts TeamInstead of changing in and out of uniforms in venue restrooms, why not turn your RV into a roomy, private dressing room for the team? A motorhome is also the perfect break room for tired younger siblings and tournament participants in need of a rest.
Major US Martial Arts Tournaments
Nearly every school, dojo or gym is part of a larger organization, and that means plenty of tournament possibilities. We recommend traveling to every out-of-town tournament by RV, for the ultimate in comfort and convenience.
There are also major US martial arts tournaments that stretch over several days and may be several states away. Here are some of the top picks RV camping fans may want to attend this year, either as a participant or a spectator.
- 2010 ATA Taekwondo World Championship
Little Rock, Arkansas – June 21 through 27, 2010
- Gator Nationals World Karate Championships
Daytona Beach, Florida – May 14 and 15, 2010
- NASKA Pan American Internationals
Miami, Florida – September 25 and 26, 2010
- New England Open
Marlborough, Massachusetts – June 4 and 5, 2010
- San Diego Grand International (Kenpo)
San Diego, CA – April 24 and 25, 2010
- SinCity Rumble
Las Vegas, Nevada – August 27 and 28, 2010
That’s just a handful of the hundreds of martial arts competitions taking place across America this year. Here’s what you need to know if you don’t own an RV to take you to the tournament: El Monte RV Rentals has more than fifty RV rental locations waiting to serve you. Locate the competitions you plan to attend, and then click on our handy locator map to find the nearest El Monte RV Rentals location. We’re ready to help make your martial arts tournament season memorable./