As RV-camping families launch this year’s vacation plans, they’re anxious to find family-friendly places to stay. A bonus is scoring one of those campgrounds that are also close to plenty of ways to keep the kids busy. To help get those plans on the road, we’ve collected our top ten family-friendly campgrounds that feature plenty of nearby activities for the kids.
- Space Center RV Park – League City, TX: Need someplace to camp with the kids that will literally have them begging to stay? This campground near NASA in Houston is centrally-located to visit the Kemah Boardwalk, Galveston Island and Six Flags Astroworld.
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park – Bremen, GA: One of dozens of Jellystone Park locations in the US, this campground is within an hour of eight major family-centered attractions. It’s also a wonderland in itself, with rides, a large pool and putt-putt golf in addition to planned kid-friendly activities.
- Peter’s Pond RV Resort – Sandwich, MA: Active kids who love fishing, boating and hiking will thank you for a trip to this Massachusetts campground. It’s also well-equipped for most summer sports, with baseball, bocce, volleyball, badminton and a host of other sports venues located on-site.
- Coachland RV Park – Truckee, CA: Not only can your family experience the gorgeous Sierras where this campground is located, this RV park offers family-friendly sports like tobogganing on their property. Meet rafting outfitters adjacent to the park for a family day rafting the Truckee River.
- Mesa Verde RV Park – Mancos, CA: Right across the road from Mesa Verde National Monument, this park boasts an 18-hole miniature golf course. It’s centrally-located for visiting all the attractions in Durango, Silverton, Telluride and the Four Corners area.
- Boomtown USA RV Resort – Beaumont, TX: A waterpark, a miniature golf course and a 100-acre lake for fishing and swimming; doesn’t that sound like a great way to entertain your kids this summer?
- Texan RV Ranch – Mansfield, TX: Planning a trip to the Dallas/Fort Worth area to visit Six Flags, Hawaiian Falls and the Dallas Zoo? This park is located in the Dallas suburb of Mansfield and offers down-home Texas hospitality.
- Knoebel’s Amusement Resort – Elysburg, PA: Camping on the grounds of a family amusement park? What could be better? Ride the rides, splash at the waterpark and then camp right next door at Knoebel’s RV campground.
- Frontier Town/Fort Whaley RV Campgrounds – Ocean City, MD: These frontier-themed campgrounds are fifteen minutes apart and both are right next door to the excitement of Ocean City, MD.
- Pony Express RV Resort – Salt Lake City, UT: Take the family on a horseback ride through the surrounding Wasatch Mountains. Travel into downtown Salt Lake City to visit the dozens of attractions available there. Or simply hike the nearby nature trails and relax in the beauty of nature as your kids learn to relax.
And don’t forget that most amusement resorts like Disneyworld and Stone Mountain Park have on-site RV campgrounds to make your family’s visit more enjoyable! Anyway you plan it, you’re going to enjoy your family vacation more by RV.
El Monte RV Rentals has more than fifty rental locations, so we’re well-equipped to get your family on the road. Let us know if you’ve found a family-friendly, activity-adjacent campground that’s not on our list. We’re already planning a second installment for our readers!