Sure, you could pull your RV off the road and sleep in a Walmart parking lot. Sometimes that’s the best option after a long day of driving. But what if you could camp, instead, in one of America’s most beautiful RV campgrounds? We headed out in search of those prime RV parks, and here’s what we found:
America’s Most Beautiful Campgrounds – Southwest
- Austin Lone Star Resort – Austin, Texas: Right smack in the heart of Texas there’s a tree-shaded, family-friendly RV resort that’s earned the attention of Time Magazine, USA Today and the New York Times. Wake up to the quiet beauty of Texas Hill Country, and don’t miss the one-dollar breakfast special at the campground cafe!
- Rose Valley RV Ranch – Silver City, New Mexico: This campground was created with an eye to preserving both the Old West heritage of the original ranch setting and the habitat for the area’s abundant wildlife.
America’s Most Beautiful Campgrounds – Northwest
- Fidalgo Bay Resort – Anacortes, Washington: “Gateway to the San Juan Islands,” doesn’t that sound like somewhere you’d like to go RV camping? Spectacular Fidalgo Bay wraps around this RV park on Fidalgo Island, offering campers both serenity and countless vacation photo ops.
- Last Resort Camp Store & Blue Mountain KOA – Pomeroy, Washington: Does the name of the campground give a clue to its gorgeously remote setting? Located very near Tucannon-Wenaha Wilderness Area and Umatilla National Forest in Eastern Washington, it’s perfectly situated for weeks of outdoor exploration.
America’s Most Beautiful Campgrounds – Central USA
- Mountaindale Campground & Cabins – Colorado Springs, CO: Close enough to visit Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and Royal Gorge, but remote enough to offer serene, mountain camping, this wonderfully wooded campground definitely wins our vote!
- Paradise Camping Resort – Grand Prairie, Illinois: Hoping to stay in the Midwest this summer, but looking for a scenic park with abundant amenities? This resort sits on the shores of a private fishing lake and offers a wide range of outdoor adventures.
America’s Most Beautiful Campgrounds – East Coast
- Pine Valley RV Park & Campground – Binghamton, NY: Each summer families flock to the Susquehanna River Valley for area festivities, and they make their temporary home at this beautiful RV campground. Come early and plan to stay awhile; it’s the perfect remedy for concreteitis!
- Millbridge Village Camp Resort – Paradise, PA: What could be more beautiful than Lancaster Country, Pennsylvania, the heart of Amish Country? This campground in a village-style setting is the perfect place for couples, families or a group of friends on vacation.
America’s Most Beautiful Campgrounds – Western States
- Flying Flags RV Resort – Buellton, California: This superbly-designed RV campground on California’s Central Coast is also in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley wineries. Camp in lush, green surroundings and take advantage of their Wine Getaways for special rental rates and excursions to area vineyards.
- Bear Paw Lakeview Fishing Resort – Panguitch Lake, Utah: If you’ve been yearning for a “Wow!” experience while RV camping, this is it. The sheer beauty of Panguitch Lake at dawn is enough to make a person speechless. This campground at above eight thousand feet may be remote but it’s also well-equipped, so plan to stay awhile.
America’s Most Beautiful Campgrounds – Southeast States
- Sherling Lake Campground – Greenville, Alabama: Operated by the City of Greenville, AL, this tree-studded lakeside campground offers two lakes for fishing and woods you’re going to want to explore.
- Ocean Grove RV Resort – Anastasia Island, Florida: Imagine an island setting on St. Augustine, Florida’s Intercoastal Waterway, only a block from the beach. That’s the idyllic location you’ll find at this northwest Florida coastal campground.
That finishes our “perfect dozen” of scenic RV campgrounds we suggest you visit on your next vacation. We invite our readers to let us know which RV parks you’ve found in your search for America’s Most Beautiful RV Campgrounds. We’re looking forward to expanding our list here on the blog as you share the beauty of America’s RV campgrounds!