Readers often ask us about accessories that make an RV camping vacation perfect. Here are some top accessories our readers have suggested to take on an RV vacation:
Top RV Comfort Accessories
- Folding Travel Chairs – Sit outside in the great outdoors in comfortable sling-type travel chairs that fold up into easy-to-store bundles.
- 12V Personal Care Appliances – Hair dryers and curling irons built for 12V current go with you on any RV camping trip.
- Tabletop Propane or Portable Gas Grill – If you’re RV camping often, or host tailgate parties in your motorhome, there are many options for grilling.
- Portable Air Purifier – RV campers who suffer from allergies swear by their portable air purifiers. They plug into the cigarette lighter and filter out allergens and toxins no matter where you travel.
Top RV Travel Safety & Convenience Accessories
- Portable Generator – For serious RV campers who want consistent power without hookups, a generator is the way to go. Look for clean running styles and keep a supply of air filters in your RV.
- GPS System – Never fight an unfolded map again! Key your travel destination into your RV’s GPS system and follow the prompts. What could be easier?
- USB WiFi Antenna – If your laptop is a permanent part of your life, having a WiFi antenna often lets you pick up a signal where your computer’s built-in antenna can’t.
- First Aid Kits – Put together your own, or buy one of the great options available from camping stores, but definitely put together a kit with basic first aid supplies.
- Weather Radio – Know what you’re driving into, or what’s rolling toward your campground, in time to avoid disaster. Weather radios can be tuned to local weather reporting stations so you’ll be alerted if there’s danger. Solar versions are available here.
- RV Tool Kit – Your RV may be well-maintained, but traveling without a tool kit onboard is a bad idea. There are packaged tool kits specifically made for RVs, or you can pull together you own kit that fits into an easy to stow case.
Top Green RV Camping Accessories
- Biodegradable Products – Hand soap, dish washing liquid and toilet paper keep your RV camping trips easier on the earth.
- Solar Camping Lantern – Keep your late night sessions in the great outdoors green with solar camping lanterns. Some even come with emergency strobes and radios.
- Bamboo Kitchen Accessories – Green RVers love using sustainable products! Bamboo dishes, utensils and cutting boards are a great addition to the green RV kitchen.
Now that we’ve piqued your interest in adding to your RV camping gear, here are some great websites for buying accessories:
Let us know your favorite RV accessories, too. Happy camping!